The Blockchainhotel is located in the middle of the city of Essen, opposite the shopping centre (EKZ) “Limbecker Platz”. The nearby subway station “Berliner Platz” is a 4-minute drive from Essen main station, which you can easily reach on foot in a few minutes through the pedestrian zone of Essen city centre.
Find here a detailed description on how to get to Blockchainhotel.
By foot from the main station
At the main station take the exit “City/Kettwiger Str.” and cross the street to the pedestrian zone. Now walk down the large shopping street (Kettwiger Straße) to the Marktkirche (small church with modern blue glass extension) and pass this on the left to Limbecker Straße (2nd street on the left). At the end of Limbecker Straße (EKZ “Limbecker Platz”) turn right into Friedrich-Ebert-Straße and after approx. 30 metres you will reach Blockchainhotel on the right-hand side.
By bus & train (EVAG and VRR)
The Blockchainhotel is close to the stop and underground station “Berliner Platz” (4 minutes by underground to the main station). The following lines stop at “Berliner Platz”:
– U11, U17 and U18 (underground train)
– 101, 103, 105 and 109 (tram)
– 145, 147, 166 and SB16 (bus)
– NE10, NE11, NE12 and NE16 (night express)
From there you get to the Blockchainhotel by crossing the shopping centre and keeping left at the exit “Limbecker Platz”.
Basically: Follow the signs “Limbecker Platz”! We are very well signposted!
– A42 and A2 Essen North
– A2 exit Essen/Gladbeck on B224 direction Essen-Zentrum
– or A42 exit motorway junction Essen-Nord on Gladbecker Straße/B224
– Direction Essen-Zentrum
– Follow Gladbecker Straße
– turn right at Friedrich-Ebert-Straße
– once through the roundabout Berliner Platz
– and back to Friedrich-Ebert-Straße
– after EKZ “Limbecker Straße” turn right
– during the day the parking garage of the shopping centre “Limbecker Platz” directly opposite the Unperfekthaus (please note the opening hours!)
– new car park here (entrance 6:00 – 20:30, exit 24/7 possible if you take the parking ticket with you and use it as a key for the car park)
– in the evening hours the multi-storey car park at Weberplatz (exit possible all night, entrance until 8 p.m.)
alternatively the parking bays of the city centre (in the evening hours almost all are free of charge)